"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes

I have been pretty busy this week.  My husband has been asking for some chocolate cupcakes, so I tried out a new recipe for him yesterday.  He likes them, but I think they need more chocolate taste.  I forgot to take a picture, but I added chocolate chips to the top for decorations.  I also made two cakes for this weekend.  It's a new recipe and the filling needs to sits on the cakes for at least 3 days.  The cakes are pretty dense, I hope that is the way they are supposed to be.  If it tastes good, I'll post the recipe next week after I try it.
My pictures turned out pretty fuzzy.  Boy did the baking make my house hot yesterday! It's over 100° here in TX.   I'll post the recipe for the cupcakes at the end of this post.






My neighbor's six year old asked me to make her an apron out of this ugly pink velvet material and peach satin. I measured her and made a big pocket in the front for her toys and dolls and a little pocket for little toys. With the peach satin I made her a flower. 

Her mom gave me a jean skirt and asked me to make her a bib apron.  I cut it up then sewed it back together to make this apron.  I also made my first boxed pleat ruffle.

Classic Chocolate Cupcakes from Whimsical Bakehouse:
Grease the tops of 2 - 12 mold muffin pans and line them with paper liners.  Preheat the oven to 350°F.  Have all ingredients at room temp.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt, whisking often:
*1/2 cup milk
*1 cup brown sugar, packed
*3 oz chopped unsweetened chocolate (I used choc. chips which is     why it was probably not chocolaty enough)

When chocolate is melted, whisk in:
*1 large egg yolk

Remove from the heat and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream:
*4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter

Add and cream until light and fluffy:
*1 cup granulated sugar

Add slowly, beating well and scraping down after each addition:
*2 large eggs
*1 large egg white
On a piece of wax paper, sift together:
*2 cups cake flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt

On low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately to the butter and egg mixture with:
*3/4 cup milk
*1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Stir the chocolate mixture into the batter by hand, mixing only until combined.

Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each 7/8 full.  (I use an ice cream scoop)  Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8