"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Feline Friday and I built a barn!

Have you seen Lori Holt's new barn quilt along at a Bee in My Bonnet?  I loved it and decided to join along!  I've been collecting black and white material and this is the perfect quilt for them!  I made mine in polka dots and love the way it turned out.
I did not have a farmer's wife block, but used some fabric of French chickens I bought a couple of years ago.  After all, you would probably find some chickens in a barn, right?  I have never made a block like this before, I loved it!  I might make some 6 1/2 inch blocks for the side of the barn, but I'll have to figure out what colors to use!
I got a new cat a few weeks ago, a door stop for .25¢ , Pippi was not very happy with it!
For the first few days she would hiss at it and knock  it over every time she walked past it!  I had a cute video but am having problems getting it uploaded.
She has finally figured out it is not real!
Here is Muffin's favorite spot in the mornings, curled up next to me while I blog.  Isn't he sweet?

If you have any suggestions on the colors for me to use for the quilt blocks for the side of my barn, let me know.  I can't decide between the colors from the chickens or black, red and white.  What do you think?
Have a great weekend!
Missy

8 comments:

Little Penpen said...

I've been seeing barns popping up here and there on blogs, but didn't realize they were from Lori. I'm gonna check out her site again. I like your polka dot barn and love the chickens inside!

Barb said...

Love the block and what a cute door stopper...

Denise :) said...

Cute, cute door stopper! My mom has one that gave her cat fits for a while -- then she got used to it. I love your barn in the polka dots -- too cute!! Green, tan, red, and brown are all good barn colors -- we see them all down here! :)

Sarah said...

I hadn't seen the barn blocks yet but they are definitly cute. I say depending on how many barns you plan to make just go scrappy... they will all blend in. Muffin looks quite comfy all curled up :)

Lisa said...

I saw the barn blocks on Bee in my Bonnet's blog this morning and thought they were SO cute! Yours is adorable! Love the chicken print and the polka dots. We're in the 'design' process of our barn quilt, and thought it was a hoot that she designed her barns complete with a 'barn quilt'. Look forward to seeing your other blocks too. Have a good weekend!

Scrapatches said...

Muffin is so sweet looking.

I have seen Lori's Barn Blcoks and think the block pattern is wonderful. I have too many projects in the works to sew any right now so I am really enjoying the eye candy.

I like the dots a lot! Maybe blue or a blue dot like the one in the chicken print for framing the blocks ?

Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Frances Meredith said...

How about more chickens? In my experience there is always one NOT in the Barn when they should be!
Thank you for sharing your cute kittie pics.

Ana Love Craft said...

Fabulous work! Love it!Your Muffin is so sweet!Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8