"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Finished Top!

I finished the top for the red and white rail fence quilt.  Many blogger friends donated blocks for this prayer quilt.  I need to get my husband to help me get the roll of batting down and I need to spray baste it tonight.  I want to get started on the quilting tomorrow.  I also have to run to the post office and fold a pile of laundry, but I'm hoping to get a lot done.  I want to get this done before I go to the TOGA next week.

Remember the prayer quilt we made for Kenzie last year?  Many bloggy friends helped with that one too!  I see it all the time in pictures her mom posts of her on facebook.  I love seeing quilts I make being used!  Today I received the best gift from her mom.  It is a cross stitched wall hanging.  It has eight cats - 3 calico, 2 sandy and 3 dark - just like my cats!  There is even a cute mouse and bird!  I have to decide how I want to frame it.  For now it is tacked on my wall.
Pippi was watching mey sew today on my treadle.  The book shelf is right behind me.
I added a clip on light and a clip on fan for extra light and air movement.  I can't believe there is not a ceiling fan in there!

What are you working on this week?

Missy

10 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

How cute- I love the embroidery. Congratulations on getting the top finished too. I'm still working on mine, and all I've got left to do is quilt the border and put on the binding, everything else is complete. Then it's on to making things for Christmas, I need all the time I can get!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love the red and white quilt top!

Nancy said...

Your red and white quilt is gorgeous, Missy!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The quilt turned out fabulous and the cross stitch is just too cute.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That cute kitty embroidery would go well with your Cat TOBE blocks. You could use it as a center for the quilt. Just an idea.

Heidi said...

The red and white rail fence looks awesome. I am so excited for you to move forward with it.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt Missy and how sweet of her to send you the little kitty cross stitch! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Sarah said...

You are probably already at TOGO as I finally get to your FF post - Hope you are having a blast! The kitty cross stitch is such an adorable and personalized gift. Lucky you!!!

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

Love your rail fence quilt! I adore red and white quilts, can't wait to see it quilted!

Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

Allison in Plano said...

So great to see you red and white prayer quilt in person at the NE TX TOGA? You did a great job quilting it!! Your sewing room is coming along. So cheerful and functional.
Hugs, Allison in Plano TX

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8