"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ruffle feet!

I finally added a ruffle to my M.  My sewing room is blue and green so I added a blue border.  I have my three favorite prints:  calico, gingham and polka dots!
I used my ruffle foot and tried it out on my Singer Industrial treadle.  It actually worked better on the treadle then it did on my Janome!


I have four ruffle foots, two of them are vintage.
There are different clamps on sewing machines that hold your feet on the presser bar.  Most of my machines are low clamps.  My electric Janomes and my Singer industrial treadle are.  I have two of those feet.  I have not tried the vintage one yet because the newer one fit better.
I do not think I have any high shank  machines, but I do have the ruffler foot!
I also have a back clamper ruffle foot that I can use on on Singer Red Eye 66.  (which you can see in the background)
The terms are usually low shank and high shank but back clamper.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is all the same part.  Here is more information on the shanks.

To sew my ruffle on my M, I just sewed one side at a time.
I still need to put batting and a sleeve hanger with backing, but I will do that later.
I'm so happy this is done.  I'm doing a demo on how to use the ruffle foot at the T.O.G.A. next week.  I had to test it out on my treadle first though!
If you love vintage machines, specifically hand cranks and treadles, you need to try to come to the North East Texas T.O.G.A.   Here is more information on it. 

Don't forget to enter my book giveaway here!  Saturday is the last day to enter!

Missy

4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have more than one ruffler, and lots of different attachments, but, I've not ever played with any of them. I even have several button hole makers for different machines. One of these days I'll play with them. Maybe, if someone does a demo of a special foot at one of the TOGA's I attend, then I'll start trying them.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I have some of those attachments too but I've not used anything but the buttonhole attachment in a long time.....your ruffle looks great!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have several ruffler attachments including the one in the puzzle box I found last year. I have never used one though, even when I used to make my little girls frilly dresses.

Christine said...

Have fun at the TOGA! Your ruffles look great!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8