"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New Cat Blocks received!

I got my cat blocks from the exchange in the mail today!  I so wish I would have had time to make more!  I got blocks from all over the country and even one from the UK!
Here is the last blog post with pictures of my blocks.  I love my blocks!  Here are a couple of close ups of the two cat prints.


Of course as soon as I laid the blocks out one of the fur babies had to lay on them!  There is another one under the coffee table.
When I was unpacking I found a fabric painting my mom made for me when I was little, she used Tri-chem.  It isaround 28-32 years old, maybe?
I love it and want to to hang it in my sewing room.  I have been saving it all of these years to hang in my child's room but the Lord never did bless us with children.  What would be the best way to wash it and hang it?  I was thinking just sponge washing it and putting it in a picture frame.  What do you think?

As many of ya'll know I have only lived in my rental for about six weeks now.  I have had the best surprises in my garden!  This is the only hyacinth.
There have been daffodils popping up all over my garden, front yard and back yard!
 There are also wild onions all over my garden, I'm wondering if they are supposed to keep aay bugs or something, or if it is just a weed?
 The daffodils sure are hardy things!
I have a black thumb and am so happy about my flowers because I love flowers, but just always kill them!

Don't forget to enter my book giveaway here!

Happy Spring!

Missy

Song of Solomon 2:12  The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

9 comments:

Kim said...

These blocks are so cute!

Heidi said...

I love the kitty blocks. Super cute.

Onions, garlic and various aromatics are used to repel various bugs. We use garlic to keep roly poly's (wood bugs?) away. I also have read that garlic planted around a perimeter will repel fleas and ticks. I'm not sure if it is true but we eat both, so I may try it.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Such pretty cat blocks! I especially like the cat using cat fabric, how cute! If you put the fabric paintings in a frame don't use glass. We had an old embroidered sampler that someone had put behind glass and when it was removed, it had adhered to the glass and damaged the sampler.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute Kitty blocks. Daffodils are the best. Bright, cheery my favorites. Is it onions or is it Garlic? I have heard they do deter bugs though.

donna said...

Your cat blocks turned out great. The paintings your mom did for are so adorable.
Hugs
donna

Linda Swanekamp said...

The cat blocks are terrific. Makes me wish I did the exchange. I would probably gently wash the paintings in the tub with Dawn, rinse and hang.

Lee Ann L. said...

Bulbs are hard to kill! You just plant and let them go. in the south (like where I live), one has to dig them up and get them cold for six to eight weeks. However, I am a lazy gardener. I do not dig up my bulbs. If we happen to have a great winter, then they most likely will bloom. It's so fun to see the surprises. :-)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Now you will have to make yourself another set of kitty blocks to go with the great ones you received in the TOBE. I can't grow things, either. Something about them wanting water.... Oh well.

Melissa said...

I love the blocks! They are so adorable!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8