"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Making Progress!

I have been making steady progress on my quilt top!  My poor kitties are feeling neglected!
 I've been taking four blocks and sewing them together to make a 24 inch block.  I want to keep the diamonds together in their color "scheme" (if you can call it that).  Two edges have extra blocks that form half a diamond, so those have six blocks sewn together.
 Muffin and Pippi made a mess of the blocks on the ottoman, I finally gave up and put them in a stack until I got to them.  They are the very last corner and I just need to sew the outside edges to the diamond.
 This was the last row to be sewn yesterday and is mostly sewn together now.  Pippi is in her basket leaving my blocks alone in this picture.
 I have been stacking each row as I finish the 24 inch blocks.  I'll lay them all out again before sewing them together to make sure I don't want to move any of them.
 My cats like to throw my blocks around.
 And pull all of the pins out of the pin cushion.  They are so mischievous.
 This is where I have been working.  I have the hand crank set up in the living room since my husband had the week off.  Muffin will sleep behind me until I accidently sit on him.  I'll move into my sewing room tomorrow since my husband will be going back to work and my blocks are bigger so I'll want to use my treadle now.
I have to go back to work on Friday and I am hoping to have my quilt finished, but I do need to do some laundry or we won't have anything to wear!  LOL

Missy


7 comments:

Kim said...

Looking good. Your kitties are just adorable!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Enjoy your week off and all the sewing time! It is marvelous. Love how your blocks are coming together.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks great, Missy! Keep chugging away, real progress happening!

Ramona said...

Great blocks! Good luck getting them finished. :)

Denise :) said...

Keep it up -- you can do it!! Your cats are so funny ... pulling the pins out of your pincushion -- LOL!!! :)

Sue Daurio said...

Blocks are looking great! Hope you get them and your laundry. I've got mine in the washer now since you just reminded me :)

Lara B. said...

Missy, be like "The Little Engine That Could".... "I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!" Looking great so far!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8