"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, December 26, 2014

My blocks are finished!

 I finished all of my blocks for my scrappy trip around the world quilt!  I started this quilt two years ago in January!  I made 81 blocks, nine across and nine down.  It's so big that I was laying blocks on top of my husband, he was not very happy about that.  LOL
 The poor cats barely had any room, Pippi is asleep in the basket but she blends in with the brown pillow, Custard went to sleep on top of the other basket.
 My entire floor is covered.  I laid a blanket on top of them last night, but not all of the blocks are covered.  I made squares of four blocks with matching blues to make patterns.
 It's impossible to keep the cats off!  I am sewing my "sets" together first to make sure I don't lose my patterns.  Doesn't Oreo look good with all of those colors?
 Muffin, asleep on the ottoman.  These blocks were a mess this morning.  I won't be able to finish it until we get back from the store, I hope they don't make too big of a mess!
I had to share some pictures of Muffin.


I bought a light up "snowball" from Walmart and the cats love chasing it!
I hop to sew up the top today!  What are your plans for this weekend?

Missy

13 comments:

Denise :) said...

Missy, it's lovely! What a beautiful quilt this will be -- enjoy stitching them blocks all together -- looks like the cats are there for you for the long haul!! :)

Sarah said...

Your quilt looks fantastic!!! I hope you are able to finish it this weekend like you've planned.

I'll probably only get to a little hexies and some of Bonnie's mystery since one of my "other" jobs is town tax collector and I have to process/sort the bills this weekend. I'll get thru a good audiobook or two and I've got munchies, Xmas cookies and cherry Pepsi ready for the "feastivities". LOL. Have a great weekend!

Greta said...

Nice job, I like your color combinations. Your space issues are all too familiar. Thank goodness for quilting-tolerant husbands.

Kim said...

The quilt looks great! One of these days, I'll make some of the patterns Bonnie has on her site. Bookmarked some to make ;-D

Your kitties are adorable.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That is a huge quilt and out of all those small blocks. That took a lot of dedication. Will you quilt it yourself? I have been wondering what I would do if I didn't have a big room over the garage to lay out blocks. I saw someone on line has one of those metal outbuildings with a real foundation that she turned into her own sewing room. I could see that if you had a heater and electric in it. Love the cat photos!

Michelle said...

Great job finishing all those blocks...it's going to be a big quilt!!

Lara B. said...

It's so pretty Missy! Some of those photos make it look like you have a gorgeous mosaic tiled floor. :)

Heidi said...

I love your blocks and colors. So beautiful.
Today I stitched a fleece scarf and made a dozen flannel burp rags. We are expecting cold and sleet/snow so this weekend may be all about sewing. Wahoo!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Reminds me of a tiled floor in my Aunty's house. It's going to be lovely when finished, Missy and BIG!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great job getting the blocks done. LOL I am sure it will be an adventure to keep it laid out and get it sewing together.

Little Penpen said...

Missy, your quilt is incredible. I've never looked into how that quilt is made, but I do LOVE it! I guess I'll search pinterest today. ;) Your cats are gorgeous, too.

Debbie said...

How pretty. It's always fun finding enough room to work. I started doing quilt as you go. Quilting each block with in 1/2 inch of edges , then put the quilted blocks together. I lay things out on the queen size bed to arrange blocks.
Cats always think they can do anything they want. As a person who has been a kennel club member for over 20 years,my husbands cats have found that there are rules in my home.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is going to be a very large quilt. Glad it's all coming together.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8