I went to a yard sale today and saw this treadle. I had to have it! Can you blame me? It is filthy and the top is in terrible condition. But it was a great price.
I was on my way to the sew in day at the local art gallery. Judy had asked me to help her convert a 99 she bought, into a hand crank. The wiring was shot on it. She had already cleaned it up some and I showed her how I cleaned a machine and the materials I use. When we started, it did not want to turn, but after cleaning and oiling her, she works like a charm!
While she worked on her machine, I worked on cleaning my new machine.
After three hours of cleaning, this is how she looked. She still needs some more cleaning, but already looks a lot better!
I can't wait to finish cleaning her up and find out more information about her.