"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A passing

I have several posts running around in my head for ya'll, but a dear friend at church has passed away.  Miss Diane was one of the older ladies in my church.  Tit 2:3 "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;"
Miss diane was very quiet and shy, she was not the type of person who would come up to you and strike up a conversation.  I liked to sit with her during lunch and talk to her because when she smiled, her whole face would light up.  She reminded me a lot of my grandmother with her soft giggle.  I loved her dearly and she will be sorely missed.  Her daughter, Marie, and I are good friends.  Marie just lost her younger brother a couple of months ago also and was very close to her mom.  I know her heart is aching right now, but she will see her mother again in Heaven.  Col 1:5  "For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;"
You see, both Marie and Miss Diane have asked the Lord into their hearts so both of them will be in Heaven with our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Marie will still miss her mother of course, and will still be sad, but she has the assurance that her mother is rejoicing with the angels in Heaven now.  Please join me in prayers as she now has to plan her mother's funeral and her coming days without a very dear woman.
I would like to leave you with a passage from scripture:
"12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."
I Corinthians 2:12-14
Sincerely,
 Missy

1 comment:

Marie R. said...

That's beautiful Missy. Thank you so much. What a blessing you are!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8