"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cat blocks!

 I have finished 6 of my cat blocks for the cat block exchange!  I wish I had more of that cat fabric, I love it with that turquoise blue!  I have two other cat fabrics to use for the rest of the blocks though.
Pippi and Precious
 My husband and I tried to get the cats to pose with my blocks, but they were not cooperating!  Yes, those are cat toys all over the floor!
Muffin

Custard
This block was a lot easier to make then I expected and I am in love with this block.  I have decided to make it a twin size quilt instead of a throw.  So if a twin size mattress if 75 by 39 then I would want 10 (80") blocks down and 6 blocks across (48") making 60 blocks? Plus a border or two. Is that correct?  The blocks are 8 1/2" finishing at 8".  I am terrible at math!  Which would mean I need to come up with a lot more cat fabrics because 30 blocks is the max for the block exchange!  LOL
Here is the pattern we are using:  http://vickisvintagestitches.blogspot.com/2014/01/treadle-on-cat-block-exchange.html

There are two patterns, a sitting cat and a reclining cat.

Have you ever made a cat quilt?  Please share it in the comments, I would love to see them and add them to my pinterest board!

Missy

10 comments:

Nancy said...

I like your cat blocks, Missy. Will you make them all the same or vary them?

Denise :) said...

Looks like your math is just fine! Really CUTE blocks -- totally appropriate for YOU!!! :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute blocks. I was thinking you were doing the Catvent blocks that everyone was doing a couple of months ago which just looks like a cat face. Love the colors

donna said...

Your cat blocks look great. I have not ever made a cat quilt. I am so not good at the math either. I usually ask my hubby.
Hugs
donna

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I have a cat quilt on my Make Someday List... the blocks like yours are my favorites! Too funny that the cats wouldn't play nice.

Sarah said...

Ok, one (crazy cat lady) has to wonder if the furry cats realize they are sitting on fabric cats!!?? I have made a cat quilt but I'm not sure that I ever shared it on my blog - how about I share it next week! The blocks are similar to what you have.

Lindsey said...

Hi Missy! Your cat blocks are awesome! I haven't ever made a cat quilt--but after seeing so many of them around--I think I might have to!

Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

vintage grey said...

So cute!! What a fun quilt! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

Katherines Corner said...

fun pattern! Thank you for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop so much fun. Big Hugs ♥

MrsAshlee said...

lovely! this isn't my cat quilt, but one that i hope to make soon.
http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2013/11/the-cat-quilt-along-is-coming.html

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8