"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Have Hand crank, Will Travel!

Normally I have a lot of time to sew in the hotel when I go with my husband to his work conference.  I actually did not get much sewing done this time because I hung out with a couple of other wives who had come with their husbands also.

I wanted to work on my Scrappy trip around the world quilt but I already had the blocks all laid out and ready to sew.  I couldn't carry them on the tray  because they might spill.  So what is a girl to do?  I laid the blocks (which I had already separated out with finished blocks in between)on a hand towel and just rolled the towel up and secured with rubber bands!  It worked perfect!  It also fit great in the sewing machine case.
I just laid everything out in the sewing room, but I did have to ask for a new ironing board since the one in the room was broken, I think someone let their child hang on it.
I had a huge window behind me that let in a lot of light!  I am using my 99 hand crank which is a 3/4 size of a 66.  Perfect for traveling!
Yes, I moved the lamps around too!  LOL  I loved the desk in the room!  Since his work was paying for it we were staying at the Hyatt Regency which was a very nice hotel.
I only got four blocks done, but that was four more then I would have done otherwise!

I also worked on some hand quilting int the car, my problem is that I am either sleeping, helping my husband watch for signs, or am busy looking at the scenery so I do not get much done.
Do you like to quilt when you travel?

Missy
Post a Comment
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget