"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, July 18, 2014

A Cup of Tea?

I put this tea cup planter outside while I decided what I wanted to put in there, I'm thinking cat grass for the babies to eat.  Meanwhile Cupcake is nosy and had to put her face in there.  
 She would not sit in it, so I grabbed Oreo who was half asleep and stuck him in there for pictures.  Isn't he adorable?
 I admit it, I did not make my bed this morning, but the fur babies don't mind!
Oreo, Tiger and Pippi
 I made two hot pads for a swap I am in.  The colors in her kitchen are the greens in the binding.
 I practiced making feather vines or wreaths, I'm not sure the correct term.  The first one I spent an hour unpicking all of it!  This is my third try - awful!
 This is my fourth try, better - but still awful!
I think I might try something more simple on my Drunkard's path quilt.  I wanted it all fancy with the quilting, but I am not able to do that and I don't want to wait forever to get good enough.  That is one reason I have not quilted it yet even though it has been finished for nine months.  Disappointed but being realistic.

Do you change your mind about the quilting you are going to do to fit your abilities?

Missy

1Peter 4:11  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Looks better than my first attempts. Keep on trying it does it better! Have you tried using a walking foot and using a template instead of free motion. The kitty in the cup make me chuckle!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cup a kitty! Your feathers are getting to look better, but it is probably something that takes practice, practice, practice, and I will admit if I was trying to do it on a treadle it would be even harder to do.

Pretinha said...

Gatos são muito curiosos hehehe, eu amei a foto em que Oreo está dentro da xícara.
Boa sorte com seu novo projeto, parece um pouco difícil.

Sarah said...

I often take half-asleep Zorro and "make" him do something he wouldn't do when he was wide awake and rambunctious. Love the cats on the unmade bed - lots of fluffy bellies to rub.

Not sure that I have changed a quilt design based on ability as much as I have practiced until I got it just right. I think for quilts with deadlines I generally pick easier quilting designs anyway just to get them done in time. Don't rush to change the design for the drunkards path quilt - if you really want feather wreaths, keeping working at them and you'll get there soon enough. sometimes I just trace the design with paper/pencil a zillion times before I even get to fabric.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How cute that you were able to put Oreo in the coffee cup! Just keep practicing Missy and you'll get it. I honestly think working on a solid fabric to practice is easier.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8