"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nine Patch Finished!

I finally finished our prayer quilt for my uncle!  I got it mailed today.  I love the binding material that Allison sent me, it was the perfect touch!
 It was a simple block, but I just love it!  My signature penguin block is right in the middle!
I just love how wrinkly and loved on the quilt looks after it has been washed and dried!
Pippi decided to take a nap on my quilt while I was quilting it.  Of course, isn't that what quilts are for?
She was really hamming it up for the camera and I took a ton of pictures of her!
I was trying to get some good pictures of the cats on the quilts, but they would not cooperate!
Why is it that when I do not want them on the quilt, they won't get off, but when I want them on the quilt, they won't stay?  LOL
I actually had Cupcake moved over and lined up with her brother and sister and went to take the picture, and a car peeled out on the street and all three cats jumped up to investigate - so irritating!

Please continue to pray for Uncle Johnny.  The chemo and radiation is not working and the tumor is getting bigger.  I am not sure what their next step is.

Missy

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Turned out gorgeous Missy. Isn't that always the way, the kids never cooperate for pictures. Praying for your uncle, and sending hugs to you.

donna said...

Your quilt turned out gorgeous. Your uncle is in my prayers.
Hugs
donna

Katherines Corner said...

sending hugs and prayers for your Uncle. Hugs (ps another great labor of love on your part great shades of blues too)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It looks wonderful and very cozy. Sending prayers for your uncle.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt turned out great. I'm sure it will bring comfort to your uncle.

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear the treatments aren't working yet. I hope your uncle finds comfort in his quilt - especially with all the cat lovin' on it =^,,^=

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8