"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Log Cabin Blocks and a Tip

 I've been working on my scrappy log cabin quilt along blocks.  I finished 11 this past week to bring up my total to 26.  Oreo is a sweety and posed perfectly for me.
 This is my first time making log cabin blocks, I'm sure most of you already know this tip.  At first I was worried about getting the pattern messed up, until I realized the new strip was always sewn by the short strip.  Do you see them on the bottom of both these blocks?
I need to remember to let ya'll know the measurements I am using on these blocks.

My blocks are 10 1/2 inches, making the finished blocks 10 inches.  I was thinking of making 36 blocks, making 6 across and 6 down.  making my quilt 60 inches by 60 inches.  Is that a good size for a quilt?  I was also thinking of adding like a 5 inch border making the quilt 64 1/2 inches.  Do I need more blocks, or is that a good size?  

Thanks!
Missy

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget