"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, January 16, 2015

Quilty math - yuck!

 I have found that I get more quilting done when I set a hand crank up in the living room.  It allows me to sit down for ten or 15 minutes to sew while hanging out with my husband.  I set up my ironing board made from a tv tray on one side and another tv tray on the other side to hold my strips.  It's super warm when the fireplace is going in the evenings.
I ran out of 7 1/2 inch neutral strips while I was sewing, which means I have three more finished blocks and several 6 1/6 blocks that need more strips to make 10 1/2 inch blocks.

Cupcake wanting attention while I'm taking pictures.
That brings me to ten finished blocks out of 36.
Custard wanted her picture taken.

That means I had to count how many strips I had cut of each size and color then figure out how many of each I still needed keeping in mind the half finished blocks.

At least that part is done and ready for quilting.
Our last dress up day at school was yesterday, today is just wearing school colors.
I was a butterfly princess, LOL

 I don't know why I didn't wear my hair up on the sides to show off the swirlies I drew on my eyes.  LOL
 All day the kids kept asking me if I knew there was glitter in my hair and on my face.  LOL
 Not to mention I kept bonking the kids with my wings.  LOL

It was a lot of fun!  I love dress up days!

Remember, God never said we could not have fun as long as we follow the Bible, there is lots of fun things to do!  Do something to make yourself smile today!

Missy

9 comments:

Snoodles said...

Oh, you are just having too much fun....working on blocks, loving on kitties, and being a butterfly princess! A really fun post!

Little Penpen said...

You are a pretty butterfly princess! I think it would be so cool to have a hand crank machine. I like your living room set up.

Podunk Pretties said...

Your inner child is quite the attention seeker! Love your dress up days!

Sarah said...

Hate to tell you but I skipped right over the math part. Yuck! As always, the cats are having fun with your quilt parts =^..^=

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You make a great butterfly princess and I love your quilting setup too. As well as your kitty helper!

Debbie said...

You are beautiful and love the butterfly outfit! You sparkle glitter or not!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I was trying to help my mom do quilt math for a log cabin quilt. Then try to calculate how much fabric she would need. Oye! You are so pretty love your butterfly dress.

Denise :) said...

I love quilty math -- it's one of my favorites. But then I'm a bit of a math geek! Dress up days sound fun -- love the butterfly princess gig!! :)

donna said...

You are having a lot of fun my dear.
Loving your blocks. But I so agree quilty math stinks. It hurts my brain. LOL!
Hugs
donna

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8