"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Quilting!

I have my quilt ready to be quilted.  Pippi is doing quality control.  A friend is fixing my laptop so I am not able to download pictures from my camera.  I am so excited to learn that I can easily upload pictures from my camera onto blogger, while on my tablet!  I'm sure ya'll already knew that but I am not very tech savvy.  So, for now, I can only share phone pictures with ya'll.  I am still learning how to use my tablet, it was a Christmas present.
Back to my quilt.  I wanted to do a cross hatch, but my blocks are not perfectly lined up, so that would not work.  I also thought about baptist fans, but that is too much work on a king size quilt, with all of the tracing (I've never done baptist fans before).  The final idea is a loopy circle in each square.  What do you think?  
Some people asked me what I would be quilting it on, I'll be using my Industrial Singer  16 treadle from 1892.   An industrial treadle has a bigger throat space then a normal machine which makes it perfect for quilting.  This is the largest quilt I have quilted so we will see how it works.

I did get sidetracked with my new jigsaw puzzle.  It has a red eye 66 treadle and a black and white cat.  I have a red eye and a black and white cat!  I need to glue the puzzle and get it framed to hang in my sewing room!

Here is my random cat pic of the day.  Muffin likes to crawl into my warm spot when I get out of bed in the mornings.  LOL
Have a great day ya'll!

Missy

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Marking a large quilt is so time consuming but the end results are great Cute puzzle, and love the kittie pic in the bed.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Is that puzzle by Wysocki? (spelling??) I used to have his calendar with a page that looks the same or similar, all his cat calendars are so cute.

Denise :) said...

Art imitates life, right?! Can't wait to see a quilted quilt!! :)

Sarah said...

How lucky that you have the industrial treadle to make quilting large quilts easier! Muffin looks very cozy!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8