"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sewing Room Cleanup!

On Instagram, you can find me as the Redheaded_Cat_Lady there, they are having a craft room clean up challenge.  I decided to join in. It took me over two hours to get my room back in order.
Pictured from left to right:  Singer 16 industrial treadle, Singer 66 hand crank with lotus decals, blue Japanese clone that needs work.

To the left is my featherweight in a featherweight table, my Janome is on my cutting table(in the white case), and under the window is another Japanese clone, it is hunter green, but in the case so you can't see it.
This corner has my serger, which needs a better table.  I'm looking for a shorter table that will fit in that spot.
Of course there is a cat in the room!
Here are the before pictures of my messy room, just trying to keep it real.

I still need to vacuum and get shelves for my closet.  I'm afraid I will make a mess tomorrow when I try to find fabric in my closet.  Most of it is in tubs.

I also cleaned my desk in my classroom!
Of course I have a sewing spot, even though I do not have much time to sew.  It is ready when she takes a test and I have time on my hands!  This is my Singer 99 hand crank sewing machine.
Have you been doing any cleaning for the new year?  Okay, maybe I have a bit of a sewing machine obsession!

Missy

7 comments:

Kim said...

Your space looks nice and organized. Great job! I've been organizing and I'm going to start finishing my ufos and making scrap quilts out of my old fabric stash.

QuiltShopGal said...

Looks great. Ok, you've motivated me. I'll work on cleaning up my very messy sewing room.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gorgeous job. Mine is a mess.

kate steeper said...

currently just closing the door in disgust on my crafting mountain , just need to drag up some motivation for the new year...lol

Sarah said...

I'll be honest and say my quilt lab NEEDS cleaning but while I'm still all gung ho on finishing Bonnnie's mystery quilt, the cleaning will have to wait until later. Your room looks good - now you need to make something and mess it up again. LOL!

Mary Marcotte said...

I wish my studio were so neatly organized! I need to look into that Instagram challenge...maybe it will get me to clean. Yes, I said clean, not just organize. It amazes me how much dust and thread builds up.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I just love this. I'm so glad you have a good sized room for your studio.--And I do love that quilt on the wall. It's one that makes people happy just seeing it!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8