"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, January 30, 2017

Something New and Something Old

Sometimes you just have to buy something new in order to organize your sewing room.  I have been looking at the different cabinets they have at Hobby Lobby for years and saying "Someday".  I finally decided to just save up and buy one!  This one is the perfect size and has 20 drawers!  I can finally empty all of the tins that I have stuff stored in.  Hobby Lobby always has the furniture on "sale" for 30%, however you can use a 40% off coupon on the original price instead of the sale price.  Just do a search on your smart phone for hobby lobby coupon.  This is my something new.
Here is my something old!  I'm still quilting on my cake quilt.  I have finished all of the pink sashing and anything pink or red on the cakes.  I now need to put in blue thread for the purple and blue areas and yellow thread for the yellow and green!  I am still deciding on how to quilt in the white areas around the cakes, I'm think white thread?  BTW, the machine is old, 120 years old!
I bought this pink poodle fabric years ago on clearance, waiting for the perfect project.  I knew it needed to be the backing for this quilt.
This shelf is something old that was new to me, to store my thimbles, thread spools, and pin cushions.
Of course I need a cat picture!  This is Tiger, my cuddle bug.
I have to admit that organization is not my strong point!  I have been trying to purge some items from my room as I organize.  What is your favorite organization tool?

Have a great sewing day!
Missy

10 comments:

Kim said...

I was eyeing this same cabinet at my local Hobby Lobby store. It looks so pretty in your sewing space. Your thimble collection is really impressive!

The Joyful Quilter said...

My favorite organizational tool is my friend Tiffany!! She has been a Godsend over the years when decluttering was in order. Your new cabinet is FABULOUS!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I keep trying to get more organized, but, I keep failing. At this point, I need to empty out half the stuff in my sewing room, and figure out where it should go.

Little Penpen said...

I am not organized at all. I can get it all fixed up, but then never put things back in their designated spot! It's a viscous cycle. Love your new hobby lobby cabinet!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The Hobby Lobby cabinet is darling!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! I love your new cabinet! It is so perfect! All those different look drawers make you organize well and fun! I'm just doing big cleaning in my sewing room. Wish I had other furniture but do my best with those I have. I try to keep everything visible (other wise I forget and don't find them). Also I have learnt that it's not good to change too much. You can even put labels on your drawers! x Teje

Sarah said...

That's quite a collection of thimbles. I'm afraid mine are tucked away somewhere. When we renovate my quilt lab I'll be making space for them. I have a rack that Dad made and then I'll need another rack since I outgrew that one quite a while ago. Love your new drawers - I assumed they were vintage until I read your post, given the mishmash drawer pulls. Fantastic!

Kathleen said...

I love that chest of drawers, especially all the different drawer pulls. My sewing room needs a thorough cleaning but I have no space for something as neat as your Hobby Lobby find.

Marcy said...

That is by far, the cutest, sweetest cabinet. The thimble and thread display is something we dream od having. Looks like Cinderella found her prince. Lucky you!

Chantal said...

Love your new cabinet with all the ancient knobs. So cool. My favorite organizational tool is an Excel Spreadsheet. Yep, a spreadsheet where I can write all my UFOs, so I don't forget any, where I can pin a picture of where I'm at with each project and where each project is stored. When the project/quilt is completed, I can keep track of dateline from start to finish, who received it and I can even keep track of how much I spend. (Not really in love with that column but whatever!) It sure doesn't help with the mess on the floor but it keeps the projects organized.
My fingers are itching for a cuddle time with Tiger. Gorgeous! ;^)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8