"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, June 21, 2010

Milk and Cookies Baby Shower


Whew, I am so tired, but it is a good tired!  I've been pretty quiet on here because I was throwing a shower for my friend Kristi.  I also made the cake.  The theme was cookies and milk.  I saw a first birthday milk and cookies theme here:  http://apartystyle.blogspot.com/2010/02/milk-and-cookies-party_10.html , and I fell in love with it.  I was going to do a brown and white theme like in the pictures, but then I found these plates:


 
and I had to change  my color scheme!  I changed it to brown, blue and paisleys.  I made the cake to match the plates: 

I also found matching scrapbook paper which I used through out the shower, even underneath my cake!


Proverbs 23:25 says:  "Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice".  Kristi and James were married last year.  Kristi lost her first husband years ago before I knew her and has a ten year old daughter, Kayla.


 For years Kristi thought she would never have another child, until her and James were married last year ( I also made their wedding cake).  She is 41 years old an prayed that the Lord would give her another child and He blessed her with a son. 
I chose the verse:  "O taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that trusteth in Him"  Psalm 34:8 because Kristi trusted in the Lord to take care of her and her daughter all these years and he has truly blessed them!




 I made this banner on my computer and hung it on the fireplace by the tables.  I had also put this verse on the invitations.

We all took this time to rejoice with Kristi in this most happy time of her life!









We had a lot of friends and family come to celebrate with us!

I was very happy with myself because I actually took the time to have fun myself.  I usually stress myself out trying to make sure everything was perfect, but this time I just stood back and decided I'd rather fun than make everything perfect, and I had a lot of fun!




This picture is hilarious, we were playing charades, and my clue was rubber duck.  Notice I have on a different skirt?  I had dressed to match the shower, a blue shirt and brown shirt and I had even made a hair barrette out of left over ribbon from the shower.  I had just got the skirt ( a great deal for 99 cents!) on Wed. and I tore my skirt in the back and had to borrow one from Pam!  LOL
That's ok, the skirt was too long and I was going to shorten it from the top anyways!
There is so much more to tell you about the shower!  This post is already too long though, I will give you more pictures of the decorations and cakes and stuff in my next post!  Thanks for listening!

Missy


 


 


 


 

P.S.  I did warn all of my friends that I would be blogging about this shower!  LOL  I would like to thank Siouxsie and Pam  ( and me!) for all of the great pictures!

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8