"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sew Sweet Bee - My turn!




July is my turn to have quilt blocks made for me for the Sew Sweet Bee!  I am super excited and have obsessed about it all year!  LOL
I belong to Sew Sweet Bee
We are making 12 1/2 in. unfinished blocks.  I picked the basket block for my blocks.  I want the handles to be rick rack because I love rick rack!

Donna from Donna's Lavender Nest was sweet enough to make the block and tutorial for me.  She is sending me the block above.  Go HERE for the tutorial.
I was looking through my favorite fabric and I want to use it in this quilt.  The big piece of pink will probably be my border if I don't change my mind after I get all of my blocks.  It's hard to tell the colors from the picture.
I love the aqua, light pink, yellow and light green.  It is hard to tell some of the colors from the picture.
When I made Heather's block from here, I loved the combination.
Strawberries, cherries, little roses and flowers, polka dots, ginghams and pretty plaids.  Just think summer and spring!  The background, I would love white on white!

I am looking forward to this quilt. I'll have 10 baskets from the bee, I'll make two more baskets.and for  in between the baskets I am going to make 12 flowers.  So far I have found four patterns for flowers I can maybe use.  All the blocks are 12 inches finished.

A simple pansy block:   http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/simple-pansy-block/50745

Another pansy block:  http://www.jeannesquilting.com/pansy.html

A Buttercup:  http://patchworksquare.com/index.php?function=DisplayCategory&showCategory=Y&links=1&id=61&link1=61

A Tulip nine patch which is similar to the buttercup:  http://www.quilterscache.com/T/TulipNinePatchBlock.html
I'm not sure about this last pattern though, I might change my mind.

I figured I could make three of each pattern.

I'm also thinking of maybe doing a border of Lori Holt's butterflies, we'll see when I get to that point what I feel like doing.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about my quilt!  I have been obsessing about it all year!  I can't wait to get all of my different blocks, I have to wait to make my two until I see what colors everyone else is using.

Thank you to everyone in the Bee!

Missy


11 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I saw Donna's post this morning--I just didn't realize it was for your exchange. Ric-rac was everywhere and on almost everything when I was growing up. Fairly fast to apply and wore a lot tougher than most lace.

Podunk Pretties said...

This is going to be an adorable quilt. I like the idea of the butterfly border.

Kim said...

That's a pretty block! Rick racks are sew fun to use.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

All hail the queen bee! Love your basket and cannot wait to see what you do with it.

Heidi said...

How exciting! I look forward to seeing your blocks and the finished quilt :)

Little Penpen said...

What a sweet block!! I can hardly wait to see all the blocks and your finished quilt!

Hilachas said...

I can't wait to see what you do with all your Bee blocks. I love the rick-rack idea since I love to use rick-rack also.

Kathleen said...

Oh this is going to be so pretty when you finish it. Can't wait to see it all assembled.

PamKittyMorning said...

Hi there,
Can't wait to start my basket, but want to check, is that little pile of pretty fabrics inspiration for our color choices? I just wanted to make sure when I chose my basket fabric.
pam

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

what a sweet basket.......such a vintage look! Your quilt will be gorgeous!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Getting ready to make your basket!! I love the color choices you made, I am thinking we all do!! So much fun!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8