"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, June 19, 2014

How to make a skirt fit

 Colette from What About Rheema sent me ten blocks for my uncle's prayer quilt.  I love all of the fabrics in the blocks.
 She also sent me some cute kitty fabric and buttons that I forgot to take a picture of, thank you very much!

I somehow ended up with someone's old skirt that was a size 3x.  It is super comfortable, so popped some safety pins in it and wore it around the house.  Last night I decided to cut a hole in the seam of the waist band  to make the elastic shorter to fit around my waist but the elastic was serged on to the skirt.  I did what my grandmother did with all of my skirts and added pin tucks around the waist band.  I picked out the seam, cut off part of the elastic and then resewed parts of the waistband.  Can you see what I did?
 I think it looks great and the sewing part took 5 minutes!  This can be done with any waist band.
 This is how I normally wear my my T-shirts, untucked.  This is my "I'm staying at home and want to be comfortable" attire.
I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to mending clothes, but it is a lot cheaper then buying new clothes!

Missy

3 comments:

Kim said...

The skirt looks comfortable. I'm always in my pjs. I really need to get in the habit of dressing for the day:-)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am glad you got the blocks. I thought I had much more blue than I really had. Darn. Your skirt is cute. My usual attire is yoga pants and a tank top. Or sundresses made from t shirt material.

Little Penpen said...

Good job on the skirt! I have a pair of 3x pj's that I'm currently wearing with a safety pin in the waist. So comfy!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8