"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Progress!

How many times does it take to write a label?  For me, three times a charm!  I made a four patch for the label on the prayer quilt.
 I had sewed the backing into rows last night and pinned them together ready to be sewn together.
Picture this.  This morning I sat down at my sewing machine to sew two of the rows together.  I put it in my lap, looked down at the fabric to adjust it better and saw a huge brown recluse!  In my lap!!  I screamed, threw the fabric across the table and just freaked out!  My husband heard me clear across the house and came running to see what was the matter.  I had to pick up the fabric to show my husband where it was, only for it to go down the crack in the picture below.  My husband was like "we'll it's gone now" and I informed him there was no way I was putting my legs under there until that spider was killed!  I pulled the treadle away from the cabinet and sprayed the underneath with mint oil (we couldn't see the spider) until it fell to the floor.  My husband captured it and flushed it down the toilet for me.  It was a couple of hours before I could go back in there.
 I finally got the backing sewn together.  I put the fabric panels of Psalms in the back.  I know it would have looked better if I had cut the verses apart, but I'm on a time frame.  I think my uncle will really like that.  The label is at the botom.
 The cats were in rare form today and the sisters decided to have a cat fight when I was trying to see if the backing was big enough.  It is, barely.  It is also sideways - oh well, just adds character!
 My husband had to help me spray baste the quilt.  I still cannot put direct pressure on my knee, so no crawling around on my hands and knees for me.  Just crawling around on my bottom!  LOL
My goal is to quilt it Monday, binding on Tuesday, and mailing it on Wednesday - Lord willing.
My mom called with and update on my uncle today.  He is back in the emergency room.  At first they thought he was having a heart attach, but after closer look, they think the stent from his esophagus has slipped into his stomach!  They will do a pet scan or something Monday to see exactly what it is.  Please pray for him!

I had another scare today.  See what my husband found in the driveway?  I may never go outside again!


Have a great day ya'll!
Missy

5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OK I am not a fan of spiders or snakes. Hey that was a song from many years ago. :D The quilt is turning out fabulous and more prayers for your uncle and family. Hugs!

Kathleen said...

Scary stuff! I too would not use that area until I was sure the spider was dead and flushed!!!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

"I don't like spiders and snakes..." You can sing the rest of the song now. Glad you got that spider. Those can cause lots of health issues, if bitten. My cousin lost part of her calf from a bite from a recluse.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love the way you laid out your nine patch, it's very attractive. I'm glad you came through all right with your escapade with that nasty spider.

BKringel said...

I like the colors of the 9 patch - very nice! The backing will be fine - can't really tell if it is sideways, upside down or right side up!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8