"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Vintage Tablecloths

In homemaking class we learned how to properly set a table. 
 I let her use my good China to set the table.
 We had our big test on Ancient Greece in History.  We wore togas and had Greek food, Dolmas, Greek olives, and Feta cheese.

 We used my old book on etiquette written by Emily Post.
I let my student choose which tablecloth she wanted to use.  Out of all of my new and old tablecloths, she picked my vintage ones!
 I love this vintage tablecloth I got at a yard sale.  I love the hand embroidered yellow daisies.  Someone spent a lot of time on this tablecloth.


 I also taught her how to layer tablecloths for another look.  This red tablecloth, I picked up at a yard sale, is too small for my table.  We wanted to use it, so we laid it diagonally on top of the white one.  Do you see Tiger sitting on the chair?

In case you missed my other vintage tablecloth here is a picture of it.
If it wasn't for my cats, who are sneaky when we aren't looking, I would leave a tablecloth on my table at all times.

Do you like vintage tablecloths?  I love them!
Missy
"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8







There was an error in this gadget