"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spincah Alfredo Pizza

I love homemade pizza.  I do not like a dry or overcooked or under flavored pizza.  There are different sauces you can make for a pizza.  This would be called a white pizza and is very easy to make.  All the recipes I used came from my old church's healthy cookbook,
I used Renee's Alfredo recipe from her chicken Alfredo recipe, my whole wheat pizza crust which the original recipe came from Everyday Living magazine, and my spinach Alfredo pizza which the original recipe came from Pampered Chef.  My recipes were altered some to make them mine own.

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
This recipe makes two pizza crusts so I had made one pizza for church and one for supper after church.
1 1/2 cups warm water (115)
2 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T palm sugar or other healthy sugar
2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 cups whole wheat flour

Place water in a large bowl and sprinkle with yeast.  Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.  Don't put too much yeast or it will rise too much like in the picture above.  Brush another large bowl with extra oil.  In bowl with yeast, whisk sugar, oil and salt.  Stir in flours with  a wooden spoon until a sticky dough forms.  Transfer to oiled bowl and brush top of bowl with oil.  Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about one hour.  Turn dough onto a well floured surface.  With floured hands knead until smooth about 15 seconds.  For added flavor you may sprinkle the pan with garlic powder  before putting the crust in the pan.

I like to use my roller from my cake decorating supplies to roll the dough right onto my pizza stone.
I used my fingers to crimp up the sides.

I then used a fork to poke holes in the crust to keep it from puffing up too much.
Bake the crust for ten minutes at 425 before adding the toppings.

Easy Alfredo Sauce 
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup Parmesan cheese

In a saucepan melt cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese.  I added several shakes of pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning.  Cook on low heat until melted and thick, you may need to add some more cheese, either mozzarella or Parmesan.


Spinach Alfredo Pizza
 6 slices turkey bacon
1 package organic, fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups) I cheated and used frozen last time.
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 oz grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup packed)
1 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 425.  Slice bacon into 1/4 inch pieces (I just cut it with scissors) and cook in pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp.  Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.  Saute spinach and garlic in pan in bacon grease until wilted.  Grate Parmesan cheese, set aside.  Finely chop half of the bacon, add bacon and black pepper to Alfredo sauce and mix well. 

Spread Alfredo sauce on the top of the crust.  Then add the spinach.  Add bacon on top of spinach.  Top the pizza with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. 

Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.  Remove from oven to cooling rack.

For the second pizza, we just used a can of Muir Glen organic pizza sauce, turkey bacon and topped with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.


Get out a good board game and have a great family night eating your pizza!
Missy

3 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Goodness, Missy, this looks delish! White pizza is my fave:)

~Cindy

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh... YUM!!

April's Homemaking said...

Yum, this looks like my kind of pizza! I love white pizza with alfredo topping. I will have to give this a try! :)

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8