"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Whoops

Remember how I was using my baker's rack as my desk in my dining room.  I had a "duh" moment.  I moved it out and put my desk in here.  I have it all set up now to do my blogging, writing my Sunday School material, facebooking, bill paying and everything else I need to do.  Last year I found my green chair on clearance at Target for $10!  You can even see my xylophone set up at the edge of my desk in my dining room reminding me to practice.  I'm not very good yet!  I had the bulletin board and grabbed some nail polish and painted the edge orange and used some colored paper I had for the background.  My kitchen is yellow and green with splashes of orange.  I used orange because that is what I have.













Here are the curtains and tablecloth I made last year for my dining room.  I still have not made my chair cushions though, they are going to be yellow.  Maybe after I finish this birdhouse quilt.  I picked up my mouse pad and arm rest at a yard sale for $1 and they match perfect!  To read more about my curtains and tablecloth go here:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-life.html
Yesterday was a busy day for me.  I left at 7 to take my husband to work.  He works 30 minutes away and since we only have one car, I will stay in town to do all my grocery shopping.  I had a hamburger at lunch.  Whoops, should have had a salad - I had gone four days doing totally raw.  I'll continue with my raw for at least two meals though. 
We got home after five and went to church at 6:30 to sew.  I cut 23 more birdhouse blocks, taught my sewing teacher and a two tweens how to properly iron, sew and cut for quilting.  We had an assembly line going and got all 23 rooftops sewn!  This quilt is for a friend and a few friends are helping me sew it.  Today I need to "square up" (make even) the quilt blocks that are finished and cut the frames for 100 blocks!  I'll get a few done at least so people can start sewing them on.
I can't wait to show you the quilt when it is done,  I hope it turns out the way I am "seeing" it in my head. 
Have a great weekend everyone, I am going to chop up an apple and sprinkle some cinnamon on it for breakfast.  Did you know that cinnamon is very good you?
God bless,
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8