"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Sewing Day

We had a sewing day Thursday!  It was a lot of fun!  We have our Facebook group for the Missouri TOGA (Treadle-O Gathering Academy).  The TOGA is the weekend after Father's Day every year, but I thought it would be nice for the Ozark Treadlers (our new name for the locals) to meet every other month for a sew day and to work on individual projects and things for the TOGA every year.
We had our first sew day on Thursday at the Ava Art Guild who graciously allowed us to use their building for free.





My machine, a Singer class 99 turned into a handcrank

Don's machine, a toy chain stitch machine that sews

See the perfect chainstitch it makes?
I love sewing days!  Once school starts we will have to start meeting on Fridays since my school has classes Monday through Thursday.  I don't think I have mentioned on here that I will be teaching at Whetstone Christian Academy this year.  I will be teaching kindergarten and first grade.

Do you prefer sewing with friends or by yourself?

Missy

6 comments:

hared said...

Definitely sewing with friends!! Although that does sometimes impede the progress...lol!

Gina in Missouri (and Missouri TOGA participant!)

Deborah said...

I like sewing with friends but I get a lot more done by myself. HA! I like the name Ozark Treadlers.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love to sew with friends- just hate dragging everything along. Our guild has a retreat twice a year and I plan projects and kit them out for it. It is amazing how much I can get done then.

Little Penpen said...

Fun sewing day! Exciting news that you will be teaching this year!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh looks like fun. I like sewing with friends, but I don't get much done.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...


I love to sew with friends. I have at least 2 sew ins scheduled next month

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8