"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Sewing Mojo

Last year I got really sick and lost my sewing mojo and had not done any sewing since then.  We had our Treadle-On and Gathering Academy a couple of weeks ago and I got my sewing mojo back! 
My friend Cheryl Parker from http://cherylsteapots2quilting.blogspot.com/ stayed with me.  I love the friends I have made through blogging!

Cheryl taught a mini class each morning, one for the pin cushion with a thread catcher and the other (at my request) on a sewing machine mat.  She was so sweet and made me one of each with penguin material!  I am so happy because I did not have time to do any sewing since I was the host of the TOGA.  Right now this is my set up in the living room.
I am trying to get my 3-D bowtie blocks done.  They are 4 inch blocks and I started them years ago at a TOGA, Sue had given a demo on how to make them.  I have to give a demo at my quilt guild next month and want my quilt done!
 I am sewing on my Redeye Singer 66 hand crank sewing machine, it goes through the bulk great!

Of course I have a helper!
All of the blocks are blue and bowties with a yellow background.  I think I will do a yellow inner border and a light or medium blue outer border and maybe a dark blue binding.  I haven't fully decided yet, it depends on how much material of each I have in my stash.

What are you working on right now?

Treadling away in Missouri,
Missy

7 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good to see you sewing again. Love your bowtie runner. When Cheryl posted the penguin mat and thread catcher I knew she was heading to your Toga.

Deborah said...

I like those blocks. I'm working on a family quilt for my husband. It took me a long time to figure out a design for putting them together. It's always a good feeling to get back to an old project.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I had no idea you were sick, I thought maybe you lost interest. It is so good to see you sewing and having sewing machine fun again. Cheryl was awesome to help you. Loved all your photos!!

Sarah S. said...

Just love seeing your *helper*! Getting some things together for our sew day next week. Can't wait!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Loving the bowties. Glad you are stitching again. I get to meet Colette at the Michigan TOGA. Wish you could be there, too.

Kay said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and sewing again! I very much enjoyed seeing the TOGA photos.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I am so glad to see you sewing again!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8