"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

His Eye is on the Sparrow food

My friend Siouxsie is a professional photographer, and she gave me some pictures she took at the shower.  I thought I would share better pictures of my cake with you!  I also have pictures of the food!
Most of the food had a bird theme.  We had chicken salad and egg salad sandwiches.  My friend Marie made boiled eggs (which was a hit with the kids), then I took a trifle bowl and put it in the middle of a grapevine wreath and borrowed a fake bird from my neighbor's daughter to put on the edge of the "nest".
We had a parfait bar set up with homemade yogurt, granola(bird food), carob chips and berries.  We also had a tropical punch, a vegetable tray, fruit tray, meringue cookies and lemon meringue cupcakes.
I made food tags so everyone would know what the food is without having to ask.

For directions on how to make the cake go here:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2011/03/his-eye-is-on-sparrow-cake.html

Here is a picture of our mothers to be, Lauren and her mother holding their respective children are on the left.  Skye and her mother in law are on the right.  Skye had her baby on Tues. last week, a little girl named Avi Kye.  Lauren is due at the end of June.










Thank you for joining me on this journey!  I have a special blessing coming up for ya'll!  As soon as I can figure out how to download something on youtube I will post Miss Debra singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow".  She has a wonderful gift from God who has blessed her with a wonderful voice that she uses to praise God with.
Missy

No comments:

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8