"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday #2

I wanted to share my Block of the Month Blocks.
 I have only finished five of them, I had problems with two of them since I had just started quilting when I made them.  I made a small design wall in my dining room to keep them.  That is where I do all of my sewing anyways, and might as well display them until I quilt them.   My husband suggested using the yarn and clothespins.   I think the first one is my favorite.
I moved my treadle to a better place to start practicing my treadling.  It is hard to get the rhythm!  Muffin modeled my machine for me and I can't decide whichpicture I like best.  What do you think?

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.
I'm thinking of maybe posting the picture as a permanent picture on my blog.  He makes a great model - well sometimes he does!
Thank you!
Missy

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love all of them. Does he want your attention when your sewing. Mine can't be bothered my me till she hears my machine. Then she wants all of my time. Her big thing to do is set on the fabric and not move.

Pieces of Time said...

I like number five the best. He is looking right at you. Nice photo.
Jane in KS

Gari in AL said...

How nice of him to sit there all that time, mine isn't usually that accomodating. I like 5 also but all of them are interesting. And I like how you are displaying your blocks. In my bedrooom I have a valance made of BOM blocks.

marcella said...

I love your design wall idea. The blocks look great hanging up there.

Unknown said...

The blocks are absolutely beautiful!
Your cat and treadle go well together..love it:)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Your blocks are so good! Very pretty!

Sue Daurio said...

Love the color choices and your blocks. That kitty sat there so nicely for all those pictures, nice!!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks, I really like the first one too! I would pick #3, Muffin looks so cute with the one paw out front. Have fun with your beautiful treadle machine! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Lisa said...

I like 5 the best as far as a modeling pic...he isfunny though! by #3 he"s giving a look as if to say "what!?" lol. did you sew your quilt blocks on the treadle machine?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8