"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I have a hexagon update for you.  I must admit that I never thought I would enjoy hand piecing, but I actually love it!  I'm still slow, but I am getting faster at it!
I have 11 flowers sewn together.  I will have navy blue between all the flowers.  I laid the flowers out on a twin size sheet.  It was originally going to be a throw, but looks like it is going to be a little bigger than a twin size sheet.  After I get the top sewn together, I will measure it and decide whether or not I will add a border.  I don't have a pattern, I'm just making it up as I go.  First Pippi and Boots wanted to help me with the placements of the flowers.
 Here I have eight flowers across the top and I would put eight across the bottom.
 I think I want to put two flowers on each side of the panel also.    This will make it wider than a twin size sheet.
 This means I will have eight flowers on each side, two rows at the top and bottom of four each.  If I counted it right, I have nine flowers left to make.
I have two more flower sets cut and ready to sew.  I have also cut some red hexies and purple hexies, but I am not sure if the red hexies match?  I bought a blue batik to cut some more hexies from.  Should I make the last seven flowers out of the blue, red and purple, or just the blue and purple?
I have the red hexies between the blue and the panel.  My goal is to be finished with the top by the end of June so that I can work on the hand quilting while on vacation in July.
Thank you for joining me today!
Missy

3 comments:

swooze said...

It's amazing how much help you get when things are laid out on the floor! Love the helpers :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful..Love the colors you have put together...and, your little helpers are doing a great job too.

Katherines Corner said...

your helpers seem to think your design is just right too. xo

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8