"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, May 14, 2012

Missouri

 We went to Missouri last weekend.  We got to ride on a ferry for the first time - it was awesome!  We had to get on it to get from AR to MO.
This is where we want to move, get out of the big city and move to the country.  Isn't it beautiful?


 We spent one day on Bull shoals Lake.  We rented a fishing boat and had a lot of fun!  We hardly saw anyone!
 My husband said I looked like a hick!

 This was our picnic area!  We didn't want to sit on the grass because of ticks.  I hate ticks and had more ticks on me this weekend than my entire life.  So gross!


 Me looking for rocks.
 My husband likes to say goofy things to me, and he snapped a picture when I gave him my "huh?" look!  Now I know what it looks like!  Can you tell it was pretty windy, that hair is crazy.


 This is the resort where we stayed.  Pinder's Resort in Protem, MO but they are in Yellville, AR also.  That is literally on the border!  My husband tried to teach me how to play pool.  He says I cheat with my "do overs"  Excuse the signs in the background, I think they collected them or something, but there was not any alcohol there.  You probably would not have noticed if I had not said something.
 This was the view from our cabin, Bull Shoals Lake.
 I had to take a picture with the bear.


 Our cabin is in the middle.

 Sunset was the most beautiful time.
 It was too cold to go swimming, but I had to get me feet wet at least.

 It was not anything fancy, but affordable and probably one of the most restful, quiet vacations we ever had.
If you are hungry you can always go to Forsyth, MO and choose from either a burrito, Chinese or fish!  We just laughed when we saw that sign!

 Look what I found in an old, abandoned house!  A vintage singer, I would love to take that home and see if I can get it to work!
 There was also a quilting loom, but it was falling apart.
I also took some pictures of a couple of small quilt shops, I'll share those later.
Thank you for sharing my vacation with me!
Missy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation! I loved all of the pictures...how relaxing. I would love to rent a fishing boat and hang out!! I'm glad you had a good time :)Clarissa

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

As a Missourian, glad you came for a visit!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8